How to Find Us
From M50 -
After the WestLink toll on the M50, drive towards the Airport. Take Exit 3 onto the M1. Drive on the M1 toward City Centre, and after the Regency Hotel (on your left hand side) take the next left turn onto Griffith Avenue. At the fourth set of traffic lights on Griffith Avenue, take a left into Charlemont Estate, and the entrance to Marino Institute of Education is on your right.
From Dublin Airport -
At the Airport, take the M1 southbound towards City Centre. Do not take the Tunnel. Drive on the M1 toward City Centre, and after the Regency Hotel (on your left hand side) take the next left turn onto Griffith Avenue. At the fourth set of traffic lights on Griffith Avenue, take a left into Charlemont Estate, and the entrance to Marino Institute of Education is on your right.
From Dublin City Centre -
From the top of O'Connell Street, drive past Parnell Square to the Drumcondra Road.
Follow signs for the Airport.
After the Skylon Hotel, (left hand side), take a right at the next large crossroads onto Griffith Avenue. At the fourth set of traffic lights on Griffith Avenue, take a left into Charlemont Estate, and the entrance to Marino Institute of Education is on your right.
Click here to view our location maps.
Public Transport to/from City Centre:
A convenient bus service - the 123 bus - operates from Griffith Avenue to the city centre. The nearest bus stop is on Griffith Avenue on the opposite side of the road, to the left of the Charlemont gates. Returning from the city suitable bus stops for the 123 Bus are to be found at Bewley’s Westmoreland Street, O Connell Street (Outside Penney’s Shop) and Cathal Brugha Street.
From Heuston Station - take the Luas to Abbey Street, and just outside Penney's, O'Connell Street is the 123 bus stop, that travels directly to Marino Institute of Education. The journey doesn't take more than twenty minutes, usually.
From Connolly Station - you could take the Dart to Contarf Road station, and turn left then right, up the Malahide Road. Marino Institute of Education is approximately fifteen minutes walk away. Alternatively, the following buses run very regularly from Connolly Station - 27C, 29A and 42A. These take you via the Malahide Road, which is a short walk down Griffith Avenue, to Marino Institute of Education.
From Dublin Airport - Bus routes 41 & 41B go to the City Centre from the airport, via the Swords Road. Get off the bus at the Regency Hotel, walk down the Swords Road, take the next left onto Griffith Avenue. Continue until you reach Charlemon Estate, turn left into the estate and Marino Institute of Education is on your right. The walk from the bus stop should take approximately ten minutes.
All information on buses can be found on Dublin Bus website here.
Taxis from Dublin Airport should take approximately fifteen minutes, depending on traffic.
Other Transport options:
Taxis are available from:
- Near Cabs – 01 707 2525
- Clontarf Cabs – 018330402
Local Bars and Restaurants
There is a variety of places nearby for dining and having a drink. These include:
- The Goose Tavern on Sion Hill Road, Dublin 9
- The Ivy House, Drumcondra weblink
- Graingers Pub, Marino weblink
- Kavanagh's Pub, Malahide Road weblink
- Skylon Hotel, Drumcondra weblink
- Regency Hotel, Whitehall weblink
- Il Corvo, Italian Restaurant, Drumcondra weblink
- Cheese Pantry, Drumcondra weblink
- The Chilli Banana, Drumcondra weblink
Local Tourist Attractions
There is a variety of tourist attractions in the area, most notably:
- Casino Marino weblink - located just ten minutes walk from Marino Institute of Education, just off the Malahide Road. The Casino was designed by Sir William Chambers as a pleasure house for James Caulfield, 1st Earl of Charlemont. It is one of the finest 18th Century neo-classical buildings in Europe. The Casino, meaning "small house", suprisingly contains 16 finely decorated rooms, endlessly rich in subtelty and design. It is a remarkable building - both in terms of structure and history.
- Croke Park Stadium and Museum weblink - the home of Gaelic Games, headquarters of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA), Croke Park has been at the heart of Irish sporting life for over 100 years.
- Other tourist attractions can be found in Dublin city - weblink
Local shopping is available with the nearest shops on Philipsburgh Avenue across from Charlemont Gates. A dry cleaners, hardware, chemist, newsagent, butcher, supermarket and hairdresser are available nearby.
Dublin city centre boasts a host of shops and can be easily reached by car or bus. A fifteen to twenty minute drive offers easy access to either Blanchardstown or Liffey Valley Centre.
A selection of churches is in close proximity to Marino Institute of Education
- St Vincent de Paul, Griffith Avenue 01-8332772
- Church of Ireland, Clontarf 01-8331181
- Presbyterian Church, Clontarf 01-8332588
The following banks are available within a 10-minute walk
- Bank of Ireland, Marino Mart 01-8331991
- Trustee Savings Bank, Fairview 01-8364980
In the unlikely case that you may need a doctor, we are delighted to offer the following contact numbers
- Fairview Medical Centre, 01-816 6152
- Beaumont Hospital, 01-809 3000
- Out of Hours Doctor service available on D-Doc 1850 224477
- Local chemist/pharmacy, Phillipsburgh Avenue (5 min. walk)
- Dentist - Fairview Dental Clinic, 01 - 833 8985