H.Dip. in Education (Primary)
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Higher Diploma in Education
The Higher Diploma in Education (Primary) is an eighteen-month professional diploma that provides the academic and professional requirements for primary teachers. It normally starts in late January or early February of the year of entry and finishes in May of the following year.
This course will commence in February 2014. Application forms and further information are available here. The deadline for receipt of applications is 5.00pm Monday, December 2nd.
The diploma is an integrated course of study designed to equip student teachers with the range of knowledge and skills related to the profession of primary school teaching.
Download the course literature here
Subjects studied include the following
- Arts Education
- Drama Education
- Early Childhood Education
- English Methods
- Information Technology
- Maths and Maths Methods
- Muína na Gaeilge
- Music Education
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
- Social, Environmental and Scientific Education
- Social,Personal & Health Education
- Visual Arts Education
- Inclusive / Special Education
- Professional Development
- Elective Courses - TCD (Mondays) Philosophy of Education, Sociology of Education, Child Psychology, Educational Psychology and History of Education
Over the course of study for the Higher Diploma in Education, you will engage in a number of school experiences and teaching practice programmes. These will be in a variety of settings including urban schools, rural schools, multi-grade situations, DEIS schools, Gaelscoileanna and Scoileanna Gaeltachta, special schools and will be both home and Dublin based.
Ag múineadh trí mheán na Gaeilge:
- Teanga agus Cultúr
- Cluichí Gaelacha sa Bhunscoil
- Contemporary issues in the classroom
- Digital Photography
- English as an Additional Language
- Exploring Heritage
- Gatherers and Growers
- Rincí Gaelacha
- Mathematics in Disadvantaged settings